SOHO : Small Office Home Office
Freeware - Opensource software tips, tricks, tweaks & fixes for managing, securing, improving the performance of SOHO Desktop, Laptop, Networks

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Ubuntu Linux NFS Client Configuration to mount nfs share

Ubuntu NFS

After searching net, I discover that you need two packages to mount nfs share under Ubuntu Linux.
So, I did Install necessary support for nfs client side i.e. portmap and nfs-common package. Type following command to install packages:

sudo apt-get install portmap nfs-common
Now mount server.mydomain.com:/network/officedocs to /home/me/myfiles
cd
mkdir myfiles
sudo mount server.mydomain.com:/network/officesdocs /home/me/myfiles

Note you may need to restart above services:
sudo /etc/init.d/portmap restart
sudo /etc/init.d/nfs-common restart

How do I access my files using NFS?

Just go to mount point i.e. myfiles with cd command:
cd myfiles
ls

No comments:

Post a Comment